Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Weekend!

The weekend has been awesome so far. Made paneer last night and it was oh-so-yummy! Had it fresh with a drizzle of honey and my mom and I polished it all off. *slurp*

Paneer is surprisingly simple to make. You just need to heat up a litre of milk till it almost boils. Turn off the heat. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir until it curdles. Strain it through a
cheesecloth (or in my case, clean nappies), and press it with something heavy. Voila!

Went to Nicole's first birthday party today and had lunch there. The Penang laksa was pretty good, and the rojak was yummy but I had to skip the kueh pie tee cos I think there was pork in the filling.

Headed to town and had coffee with Michelle and had a nice chat about our upcoming holiday plans. I tried looking for that book, but none of the bookstores stocked it.

Decided to do a quick run at the gym, and survived for 20 minutes before caving in and giving up. And then I met my sis at the Sheraton hotel for dinner and drinks.

We had the buffet at The Dining Room and I stuffed myself silly on cold prawns and roast beef. Was so so so so stuffed. Had a nice catch up and was feeling rather sad in the cab on the way back home when I realised that it'd be hard for us to do stuff like this when she migrates to the States next year. :(

Got home and chatted with the young grasshopper and watched some (ok, 14 episodes) of Scrubs. It's now 3am and I think I'm going to try to do that deep breathing thing that they always do at the end of yoga class.

No comments: