Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Random Randoms

I can't quite pinpoint what it is about the previous entry that has got me grinning from ear to ear. Is it the carefree kitten, bouncing in the sunshine? Is it that simple phrase that conveys so much?

I guess it sort of reflects how I feel and somehow strikes a chord with me. Don't give a fuck. Be happy, be carefree.

..

Was reading through my old blog and found this. How true.

Q: What is the quickest remedy for a broken heart?

A: The quickest remedy is that you must learn not to value love because it is requited. It makes no difference whether your love is returned. Your love is of value to you because you give it. It's as though you gave me a present merely because you thought I would give you one in return. This won't do. If you have love to give, you give it and you give it where it is needed, but never, never ask for anything in return. Once you've got that in your head, the idea of your heart being broken will disappear.

(Quentin Crisp, in an interview in The Wit And Wisdom of Quentin Crisp)

..

Oooh long time no visit this site - http://cuteoverload.com/

..

Random old dive pics. Maybe I should pick up diving again.
http://bunnybon.livejournal.com/2004/04/27/
http://bunnybon.livejournal.com/2004/07/05/

..

Waah I've been blogging for 8 years now! I thought it'd be longer though. Hmm.

Started in 2003 with a Livejournal account. I kind of miss LJ, what with all the communities and such, but the ads on the pages were driving me nuts and I didn't really like the layout. I miss being able to protect certain posts, or limit access to certain people, but I think if I migrate to Wordpress, I could do that too. Am just too lazy.

There are a couple of people I still keep in touch with, even though I'm no longer on LJ. It seems weird to know them by their real names, seeing how I'm more comfortabe addressing them by their online moniker.

Cornyflakes (aka Tiago) I've known forever. I think we were both on the Calvin and Hobbes community, or one of the many random communities and we just started commenting on each other's LJs. He was also the one who uploaded the picture of the happy cat on his Facebook profile. It's a weird sort of friendship when you've never actually met the person (and I hope that someday we do get to meet up), but since we've known each other for the longest times, he's seen me through good times and bad. It's quite odd, but comforting knowing that there is someone who is always on the peripheral, someone who is ready to give you online hugs and the occasional late night chat.

Wah, feeling nostalgic now.

..

Think I better stop rambling and get back to work. Actually, time to pick up my new eyes!

No comments: