Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Two Different Things

I realised last night as I was chatting with Carol that moving on and letting go are two very different things. It's easy to move on. Just pack your social schedule chock full and time will pass. Lunches, dinners, drinks, movies, walks, races, lazy afternoons cooking.. all these activities keeps your mind from thinking too much about the past.

It's the letting go that is the hardest. Sure there are a million guys waiting in line to have a snog or a shag, but what's the point when the only one I want is him?

There are pills and potions that can take away the pain, and for a moment I was secretly smug that I found a way to move on and let go. But the heart does not work that way, does it? It takes time to heal and mend, and there are no shortcuts to take.

No comments: