Friday, September 11, 2009

Change Beckons

I need to have an attitude overhaul. Things at work are getting tense and the unhappiness and resentment seems to be growing. I reckon, if it gets to a point where you're openly rude to your boss in front of other people, something needs to change.

Had a chat with LGG about it and apparently we've all moved to Stupidville. In the past, we used to pat ourselves on the back about how smart we thought we were, but now the phrase "I'm / We're so stupid" seems to come out of our mouths oh-so-often. Lol.

She said something that got me thinking though - it seems like every time I dislike something, I run away from it. Not happy at work? Quit. Not happy with husband? Leave. And I feel defensive admitting that something like this is true, but I guess this is the price of being self aware.

So, now I'm going to make the conscious effort to not let these things affect me and to remember that all this will pass.

No comments: