Friday, September 25, 2009

More Stuff.. In Short

- Went to visit the ex-in-laws on Wednesday. I called my ex-FIL and ex-MIL to greet them over Hari Raya and they invited me over, and then I got emails from my 2 ex-BILs as well, so I decided why not. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I rather enjoyed catching up with them. Brought back 2 bagfuls of yummy rendang and kuehs too. *grin*

- Found out a lot of things about the Ex when I was there, and it just reinforced my decision to split with him. I really hope he's happy though.

- Went to the doctor to get meds for a really bad bout of UTI. Apparently peeing blood is not normal and that means my infection is really, really bad. Got told off for suggestion I just drink cranberry juice instead ("The infection is very, very bad! Do you want it to spread to your kidneys?" - Ooh, memories of being hospitalised in 2005 for the same thing.). Am getting better, but it'll probably take a few days to clear.

- Had dinner with the Yummies and Guppy last night. Met up with Guppy and drove over to Yummy's place and had a nice time catching up with her while waiting for David to come home. It's been yonks since I last saw her, and now that she's on maternity leave, there goes her online presence. Yummy looks good though, albeit rather uncomfortable waddling around.

- Caught up with Guppy as well and it's always amazing to meet people that you click with even though you barely knew each other in real life before. We had a nice chat about India, cars, my maiden rubber burning drive, friendships and starting businesses.

- Ordered too much food for dinner, as usual, and took lots of pictures, especially of David playing with his new toy- a Nikon D60. Sweet!

- After food, we took the car for a spin. The Yummies leading the way to Changi, and me following in Ashton, with Guppy giving me advice and pointers on my driving. Woot! Guppy was the sweetest, telling me that it's OK to hit 1. lamppost 2. fence 3. curb, but it's NOT ok to hit 1. other vehicles 2. people 3. animals. Lol!

- Meeting LGG later for brunch, so I better log off and get some work done. :D

No comments: