Monday, September 7, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

Amazing how different my life is now, compared to the same day exactly a year ago. Who would have known that this time last year, it would be my last day staying with my (now Ex) husband. Who would have known that I'd be capable of mustering the strength to leave the man I married less than two years ago. Who would have known that I'd recover and move on, and move on to better things in my life.

Everything happens for a reason, I suppose. Sometimes, I still wonder why what happened, happened to me. But no regrets, no looking back, no wasting time thinking about the choices I made. I'm just glad I'm in a much better place now than I probably would have been if I stayed on with him.

For starters, I'm traveling a lot more now, both for work and for personal holidays. I've made a tonne of friends in the past year, a multitude of interesting characters that have made my life so much more colourful and exciting. I'm working in a job where I actually feel happy, even 9 months in. In a nutshell, I'm happy. Happier than I thought I could ever be.

Sure there are times where I slip, and I feel the anger and resentment and the pain and the hurt. But that's all part of the healing process, I don't think one can fully recover from something like this in a short span of a year. But those down moments are few and far between, and generally in between moments of extreme highs, so it all even outs emotionally somehow, I guess.

Not much reason for this post, really. Just thankful for everything that has happened to me, both good and bad, and for this continual learning journey that I've been on. I've learnt a lot about myself (that I have zero self control when it comes to budget air tickets, for example haha) and I'm really liking the person I am today.

Haha, yes, a post about loving myself at 4am in the morning while sitting in a hotel room in Jakarta with MTV blaring in the background.

On a more not-so-pensive note, I just bought 8 packs (I think) of instant noodles this afternoon. Lol!

No comments: