Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Been A Long Week (Month?)

Phew! It's been such a long time since I've had the breathing space to sit down and write about the stuff that's been happening.

Work has been super hectic, what with our flagship event happening over the weekend, and most of my time was spent preparing for the event and working late nights in the office. I'm glad to say that event was a success (of course, apparently not everyone thinks so but who cares- it's over and no one died) and the last few days was spent clearing up the paper work post-event.

I think I've said this before, but I'm really thankful for the team that I'm working with. Everyone was super supportive and were my pillars of strength when I was feeling down (and homicidal- which is why it's really a miracle no one died. That's how angry I got sometimes. Hahaha.)

Despite the hectic schedule, I managed to meet up and catch up with some girlfriends. It was a week of good news (marriage and babies) and bad news (family deaths and breakups) and was quite an emotional roller-coaster ride for me too.

I also had my first appointment with the Syariah Court and met the soon-to-be-legally-ex for probably the third time in 6 months. It was all very cordial, of course, and we went in for the appointment and was done in less than half an hour. Our next appointment will be in a month's time and we should be able to sign the final papers and then I'll be free! Woohoo!!!

Was surprised I didn't feel any more emotional about the whole split- I was sort of mentally prepared to break down and cry or something. Oddly enough all I felt was a feeling of calm and peace and when I heard that freedom was but a month away, extreme joy. I guess I've really come to terms with the whole situation and am ready to just move on with my life. Yay!

Of course, one of the things that helped me to move on was realising that my divorce wasn't exactly a loss for me. Got to look for that sliver lining in every grey cloud yah. Even though I lost a husband in the process, I made a few new friends (my colleagues and contractor!) which I wouldn't have met if I hadn't needed to start working again. So I do feel blessed and very, very lucky.

Anyway, we're almost halfway into our third month! How quickly time flies!

No comments: