Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Went to Malacca over the weekend with 3 girls from the office. We took a coach up on Saturday morning and spent 6 hours getting there, thanks to the crazy jam at the checkpoint. Checked in to the hotel, dumped our very empty bags, made our way to some coffee shop to have lunch, then got dropped off at one of the malls for a marathon shopping spree.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of *any* place that we went to, because I just followed them blindly. But I did manage to score some toiletries and a nice banana-yellow bag. Stocked up on tidbits and snacks and disposable toilet seat covers in preparation for upcoming work trips. Lol. Went to a night market where the girls went crazy and bought all sorts of stuff- I was too tired by then.

Did the tourist thing this morning and took pictures at the church and jetty area. Got quite a number of fun and quirky pictures, so we were quite pleased. The sun was blazing though, so I think all of us got a little sun-burnt. I forgot to bring my sunblock, sigh. Had the famous chicken rice balls and then got on the coach and slept most of the way back.

Hard to believe that this time last night, I was in another country checking out their night markets. But it was a much needed break and a weekend filled with too much good food. *rubs belly contentedly*

No comments: