Monday, August 17, 2009

A Delayed Reaction

Had a sort of meltdown last night. Was in the car with Arjun driving to dinner and chatting about relationships and why people cheat, when suddenly I was hit by such a strong wave of emotion. I don't know how to describe it, but I just remembered everything that happened between the Ex and myself, and I was suddenly so angry, so hurt, so upset and I just had to lash out.

Poor bloke had to bear the brunt of my outburst, and had to endure the silent treatment I was unfairly giving him after. Wasn't angry at him, or at anything he said, but didn't have anyone else to take it out on. *sigh* And I don't even know what exactly I was mad about specifically.

Spoke to LGG and Yummy about it and apparently what I'm experiencing is a delayed reaction to the whole situation. They say it's normal to be angry and that these things take time to heal, even though on the surface everything may look all fine and dandy. I don't know. I haven't really thought about the Ex much, except when it was our non-anniversary and I never expected to have such a reaction. Oh well.

I'm fine now, just a little shaken that I seem to be still affected by this whole thing. But I know, it'll all get better.

1 comment:

Wenzzz said...

Jolene told me not to be too hard on myself and I'm pass that advice to you too...

We have emotions, let it out when you need to... :)