Sunday, August 30, 2009

Insomnia (Not The Club)

It's 5am and I can't sleep. Dozed off briefly between 3ish and 4ish but it was a very restless sleep, my mind racing with a million thoughts a minute.

Hung out with my sister today. Went to a wedding fair to check out the hotel for a potential wedding venue. There was free food too! I think I've found a new hobby. Lol.

Spoke to one of the wedding planners there and got more information on their wedding packages. There were also a couple of wedding-related vendors and we saw some pretty jewellery as well. Check out www.lingjewellery.com

Headed down to Arab Street and had a late lunch / early dinner at DeliMorocco. Been there once before with cousin.SF and decided to have their chicken tagin with potatoes once again. Yum.

Washed it all down with an iced mint tea and then went to Sufi's to have more iced mint tea and some shisha (mint, of course. Lol.)

We were seated in a cosy corner and played with the friendliest little black cat. Sat back and just chatted all evening. 2 rounds of shisha and more than 3 hours later, we decided to go back home.

Was a very pleasant day. It's nice to hang out with my sis and just chat about stuff. It's been a while since we've both been busy with work and other commitments, and I'm glad we took the day to just spend time with each other.

Lol. It doesn't explain why I can't sleep though. Wonder if I should even bother anymore. Feel like taking a walk outside. Hmm maybe I should.

No comments: