Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's A Tough One

Had dinner with Alvin tonight and he asked us a very interesting question: What are you most proud of?

LGG, Ching and I sat there pondering, and in order to buy some time, I threw the question back at him. "Saving someone's life," he said promptly. Apparently he saved someone from drowning many, many years back.

Well, it's easy to be proud of that, I guess. How many of us have literally saved someone's life? Ok lah, I change people's destinies in my job- but it's a function of my role, not a personal achievement that I was singlehandedly responsible for.

Honestly, I can't think of an answer to that question. It seems to suggest some struggle overcome, or a crowning glory won through hard work. Struggle? Hard work? Jialat lah, I don't think those words are part of my vocabulary.

It's something to think about then. I'm sure there has to be *something* I'm most proud of. Hmmm.

No comments: