Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy Bunny

I've been rather busy these past few days, hence the lack of updates here. And I guess it's about time I write about what I've been up to. Hehe.

Some of you would already know that I've started working. For those of you who don't know, well, I've started working. Lol. I must say that I'm so thankful that I've managed to find a job during uncertain times like this.

I started my job a little over a month ago, and December is probably the best time to start a job in any company. Everyone in the office will be in a festive mood, there are holidays that make the work week short and generally you join a very relaxed and happy environment.

My boss is fantastic (don't worry LGG, you're still the best) and I have really enjoyed working with him so far. He knows his stuff (*sigh* so cannot bluff), is open to suggestions and discussion, and isn't too uptight or fussy. It's a new industry that I'm joining, and he understands that and has been very patient as I learn the ropes.

The department is quite small, there are about 11 of us in all. My colleagues are all very friendly people, and we get along pretty well with almost no politics at all (very, very important!). In the month that I've been there, everyone has been extremely helpful and there's a strong sense of teamwork too.

Work-wise, I've been enjoying the scope and responsibilities that I've been given so far. I've been able to manage, despite being new to the industry, and *gulp* I actually enjoy what I have been doing so far. There is a fair amount of paperwork that can get quite dreary, but it's balanced with several events that I have to plan and some traveling in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the year. Yay!

My office is quite conveniently located, and it takes me about 25 minutes to get to by MRT. Best of all, there are tonnes of eateries around, which makes me a very happy bunny. I've got a 5 day / 42.5 hour work week (not including lunch hours) but no fret, we seldom have to do OT. *grin*

Starting work has been key in accelerating the process of moving on. It's something to keep you busy, and having a dollar value pegged to you does wonders for your self esteem. Earning your own keep also makes you more empowered (not that I didn't know this before) and being able to contribute to something creatively and intellectually makes you feel better about yourself.

Anyway, so that's why I've been busy.

And here are my Happy Moments of ..

Monday - 12012009
- Admiring a well written letter that impresses even the inner BS-queens in Ki and myself
- Reminiscing with Ki about the anals of history (no typo there!)
- Having dinner with my sister and catching up on her trip to the States

Tuesday - 13012009
- Lunch with Wenz and having a delicious sandwich and ice cream after. Ice cream! At lunch! Woohoo!
- Eating milk chocolate eclaires
- Having someone admire my purple diary and say it's cute (yay!)

Wednesday - 14012009
- Getting hold of the Quills DVD!
- Having spaghetti for dinner at home- yummmmmy
- Making plans to get Slumdog Millionaire from Summer

No comments: