Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching Up

Just got back slightly over an hour ago from dinner with the cousins. It was fabulous (as usual), lots of gossip and laughs. The usual bunch was there, SF, SY, JH, my sis and myself, and we asked Kate and little Taylor along as well. Too bad cousin.e couldn't make it, it would have completed the group of (Singapore) female cousins!

Had drinks at Harry's bar at the Esplanade and decided to get food there instead of heading to Glutton's Bay as originally planned. The portions at Harry's was quite filling, I had the pesto-dory-something which wasn't too bad and a shirley temple. It was fun watching Taylor run around up and down and up and down and up and down. Conclusion? Three year old kids have a tonne of energy.

Moved on after dinner to get some ice cream (that's what happens when you put a bunch of females together- we ALWAYS find room for dessert) and then stayed on till the shop was closing. We had a good catch up and filled each other on what's going on in each other's lives.

With families getting smaller and smaller, it's important to have good relationships with not only your immediate family, but cousins as well. There'll always be someone you can count on who will be there for you, even if it's just to seek some advise or counsel. I realised that I've been quite blissfully ignorant of some of the family politics that's been going on, but it's never too late to find out more.

Anyway, here are my long overdue Happy Moments of the Day.

Friday - 16012009
- Watching Red Cliff 2 with LGG, Ching and Jas. Thought the show wasn't too bad, although there were certain bits that I thought were quite unnecessary.
- Having yummy beef noodles for dinner at this place opposite Bugis Junction. I *think* it was called Lai Lai Beef Noodles, but I can't remember. Peppery beef noodle soup, slurp!
- Chatting with Towsuan over the phone and catching up. It was sad to hear that his grandmother had a bad fall but she's recovering well, so that's good.

Saturday - 17012009
- Tea with Yummy and LGG at Olio Dome. Had their margherita pizza which was DELICIOUS.
- Finally got Trainspotting from Yummy! Watched half of it before dozing off. Love love love the show.
- Sleeping at 8pm

Sunday - 18012009
- Waking at 11am (aka Getting lots of sleep. Do the math!)
- Going bed frame shopping at Ikea with my mom and sis. Finally! A bed to call my own! No more sleeping on the couch! YAY!
- Discovering that you can make A LOT of gold coins in Pet Society on Facebook by betting on races and subsequently losing it all (and realising it doesn't matter because it's just a game)

Monday - 19012009
- Having lunch with my colleague and getting to know her a little better. I think it takes time to know the people that you work with on a personal level, and sometimes you need to make the effort to talk to them. Can't be shy about things like this.
- Finding my iPod. My iPod had gone missing for a week or so and then I realised I left it in the laptop bag in the office. Silly me!
- Having dinner with the cousins. Read above.

..

Work's been getting hectic these days, hence the lack of updates in the day. And by the time I reach home, I'm usually too knackered to update. So patience, people.

No comments: