Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Lunar New Year

*burp*

As the SweatshopOwner said, you're not celebrating Chinese New Year right if you don't put on a little weight. Heehee.

Been eating way too much this past weekend, thanks to the discovery of a nice little bakery at the market nearby that sells the most delicious pineapple tarts. The first container was finished even before the relatives came over for our reunion dinner so we had to run to the bakery hoping that they would have some more, and stocked up on them.

It's also been such a long time since I had so many mandarin oranges and I've been happily gorging myself silly on them. I think I've gotten the year's quota of Vitamin C already. Hehehe.

Interestingly, I've been piling more vegetables on my plate this CNY than usual. Barely had a bite of meat these couple of days, unless you count prawns and abalone. Yummy would be appalled. Lol.

Anyway, my here's my Happy Moments of 26012009:

- Finally watching Quills. The SweatshopOwner was right, it was a good movie. Now to find out what other DVDs to grab hehe.
- Having lots of yummy dishes for CNY. Love love love love love the fa cai.
- Finding out that my aunt got her green card in the States! Yaay!

No comments: