Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hey Mate!

In less than 24 hours, I'll be stepping foot in Perth. And what better way to celebrate 2 months as a single person?

Another lifetime ago, things were so different. I'd probably already be on a flight to see the grasshopper. In fact, I'd probably already have landed, met him at the airport, given him a hug and kiss, and be on the drive back to his place. My hand would be on his lap, as it always is; I'd reach out and stroke his face while we listen to Coldplay; I'd ask him where my Bacardi Breezers are.

And I know, I know. I've said many times that there's no point thinking about these things anymore. There's no point analysing and dissecting the past. But..

Sigh. Back to the now.

I'm honestly glad that the turn of things have ended up the way they have. It's always good to spend time with family (something I have sort of neglected), to make the little ones happy (I'm not below bribing them with toys to win their love) and reconnecting with myself.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this upcoming holiday. Now everyone say "oh yeah!"

No comments: