Thursday, June 30, 2011

Half Down, Half To Go

It's the last day of June! 6 months of 2011 have just whizzed by, and another 6 more months before it's 2012. Eeks! What happened to the days in school when filling in the dates would start with 198_?

Anyway, things are looking good. I start my work trips next week, and will be going to India again. Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive about going back to India, but I'm actually quite excited now.

And that's because I have mini-holidays tagged on to my trips! Well, sort of. Have plans to ride a boat (?) along the Ganges while in Kolkata (I think that's what's happening anyway), doing a day trip to Pune, and *drumroll*... I'm going to Ladakh!!!

*dance*

Everything just seemed to fall into place. From meeting someone who stayed for 3 months in one of the guesthouses last year, to booking the last available room at said guesthouse, to finding a travel kaki since LGG and Ching couldn't confirm the trip. Happiness!

Yummy went a little mad when she found out who I was traveling to Ladakh with. Phrases like "I am buoyed by hope" and "I knew this was going to be a good day", "I'm rooting for you" and "Hope is a beautiful thing" peppered her chat with me. Finally ran out of ways to tell her that nothing was going to happen so told her not to hold her breath waiting. Lol.

So I think the rest of 2011 looks set to be quite awesome. Whee!

No comments: