Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can't Go Wrong With Sugar And Cream, Just Ignore The Calories

One of the things I remember my mom baking quite often when I was young was bread pudding. It's a perfect way to use up stale bread, and a lovely and hearty dessert. Felt rather nostalgic and was hankering for something different, so I asked her how it was done. "Very easy!" was her reply.

Made it last night, and wow wow wow it was so good. I polished off maybe 1/4 of the pudding!

Very Easy Bread Pudding
Ingredients:

1 loaf of sliced white bread, preferably "stale"
600ml cream
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease a casserole dish.

In a medium bowl, mix cream, eggs, sugar and cinnamon together. Tear chunks of the bread into the mixture and let it soak. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.

Serve warm.

No comments: