Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vroom Vroom!

I'm one lesson away from fulfilling all the requirements needed to take my practical driving test. Of course, this doesn't guarantee I'll pass, seeing how I had 2 immediately failures on today's final evaluation lol. But I'm improving!

I managed to park successfully (not perfectly though) today without hitting down any poles and my lane changes aren't as dangerous and reckless as they used to be. (So says the uncle instructor.) Hehehe. All I need is practise, practise, practise.

I'm not sure if we want to buy a car though. While we can afford it, I'm not sure if we want to. There will be pros if we get one, convenience being the biggest advantage considering my in-laws aren't getting any younger. I also don't want to have to battle lugging a stroller and what-not around when I have a baby.

But owning a car in Singapore is just so expensive, and the rising costs of maintaining one, ugh. Plus we'll have to give up the little things we enjoy now, like being able to go away for a quick holiday without having to worry too much about putting a dent in the bank account.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: